David Bovill wrote:

> I think I may have missed a little of this thread, but I'd suggest that the
> most important property to most people was the "visible rect". In other
> words the user usually want the rect so they can position the borders to
> line up visually with other objects.
>
> I haven't yet delved into the intricacies of the rect property so it would
> really help me and probably other people on the list if someone could list
> those properties that change the "visible rect" while keeping the "rect
> according to Metacard the same. At the moment I end up fiddling around
> adding or subtracting a couple of pixels from the resize handlers, until it
> does what I want - hardly scientific -:)
>
> The first "gotcha" was with groups and borders - when you have a nice square
> object with things inside it and you group them and try to position the
> group... only to find it's positioned 4 pixels out, because of the
> "invisible" default 4 pixel border. So I'll add that to the list as number
> 1:
>
> 1) Group rect ‚ "visible rect" if margin ‚ 0 and showborder is off.
>
> 2) ?

The resize issue reveals the problem with including the focuBorder in the
rect:  It simply requires rewriting every resize handler in everything you
want to move to 2.4.

As for groups, this has already been accounted for:  the border property of
groups is 4 by default.  Set that to 0 and you're done.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation