Roughly the same for me. Think I used the starter kit for around 4
months to build things before getting a licence. I would be using
another language if I had not been able to do this. Using "do" alone
would not suffice as I'd have lost the speed reasons for using MC.

I, also, used the starter kit for awhile before buying a license. I actually did plan to build a project with the starter kit, but the 10 line script limit was just too big of a hassle to do a proper job. And I got far enough into it, that I knew I liked it. So I bought it.

My philosophy as a developer, when I create software that I hope folks will buy, is never to take it away so that they will delete the program and move on. I limit functionality, as MC/Rev have done so far, but allow a very basic version to continue on forever. It's hard to say what would happen were I to change this philosophy. But logically, I believe it is the best philosophy.

I know that programs I download, if they work 20 times and stop, get deleted, and do not get downloaded again. I have NEVER purchased shareware that just stopped functioning. I may not buy it immediately. But if it stays on my computer, and gets used, there is a chance I will buy it eventually. I have programs I will be purchasing this year, that fall into this category. Only reason I haven't purchased yet, is Mac changing from PPC to OSX, and I need to get the OSX versions of these programs, so that I do not have to purchase twice. My migration from PPC to OSX has been a slow one.

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com