On 12/5/03 3:10 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

On 12/4/03 5:41 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am not getting a playstopped message if the stack containing the
player is frontmost. As soon as I click on the message box or the script
editor or otherwise suspend the stack, the playstopped is immediately
sent and the next sound loads and plays. I have checked to make sure
that messages are not locked.

I tried running the stack in Revolution and it works fine in the IDE; I
do get a playstopped message there. However if I suspend the IDE or
build a standalone, I no longer get the playstopped message and it acts
just as it does in MC. Can anyone think of anything that would cause this?

Possibly related: I've noticed some screwy behavior over here similar to
what you describe but with looping audio-only players.  When the stack with
the player is frontmost, the audio stops.  As soon as I make the message box
active, meaning the mainStack is no longer frontmost, the audio starts up
and plays fine.  I haven't isolated this problem out yet, but I can confirm
experiencing something odd.

Thanks, I was hoping you'd respond, Scott. What you describe is exactly what I see too. My client reports that he does not get this behavior if he builds a standalone for Windows (but I haven't checked that yet myself.) At any rate, I'll put in a bug report. This one is crucial for me right now.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]