You should purchase the latest version of Revolution, currently 2.7.3. It has the option to save stacks in either the old format or the new one, so you are not locked in to either one. If you do find you need to open a 2.7 stack in your old version of MC, for example, you can re-open the stackc in Rev, save it in "legacy" format, and then it will open in your old copy of MC.

I was more concerned that folks were experiencing difficulties with version 2.7 versus 2.6. As I will not be able to update, if there are any bugs that might really make me miserable, it would be better for me to have a version that is a bit happier. Unless whatever the issues were have been already addressed? I hadn't kept THAT good of tabs on it. Only the general awareness that folks seemed to prefer 2.6 over 2.7. I've been meaning to check out bugzilla, but hadn't had the opportunity yet :-)

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games
http://www.gypsyware.com