On 23 Dec 2006, at 14:27, Shari wrote:

As for your neighbors who sent a goat to Malawi, which was a very happy heartfelt gesture, did they truly save enough money on not sending cards to buy a whole goat? Are cards and postage that expensive? Or do they know that many people? Or are goats that cheap?

I'm not sure if they actually saved money. I'm pretty sure they said the goat cost £24 (sterling), which sounds cheap to me. I suppose this is at Malawai prices, so it may be the equivalent of a luxury yacht over there. (I'm assuming they didn't actually send the goat, but subscribed to some service which supplies locally reared goats. We don't have a big goat industry in Scotland.) Of course, we should factor in the time saved on writing the cards. And plenty of people turned up to drink the mulled wine.

Note:  I love Christmas.

Me too. Very best wishes. And to that lucky fella of yours too.

Dave