On 21 October 2011 05:01, Christian Praetorius <p...@gmx.net> wrote:

> sudheer sangeetham <sudheer.pb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Could any please tell me why my Native PAGE is not polymerizing. I have
> >referred one article, which i mentioned below and did in similar way and
> >same concentrations but didnt polymerized. Could any one please tell me
> the
> >reason.
>
> Since there is no reference in your article, this requires a crystal
> ball.
> Seriously: Just tell exactly, what you have done and which buffers and
> solutions you used. Than it might be possible.
> Christian

LOL ... I too was looking for an article .... :)..... Honestly, for an
acrylamide polymerization to happen I suppose all you need is acrylamide and
N-N' methlenebis-acrylamide in the right proportions, (we always used
29.2:0.8), good quality ammonium persulphate (APS), and TEMED
(tetramethlylethelenediamine, I believe)...usually it is the APS that goes
bad, so if that solution is replaced, or the chemical is replaced,
everything works wonderfully. However, Christian is right, if you are using
buffers that may contain heavy metal you will have issues with
polymerization.

I wish people knew how to use Google to get the same information before they
posted their Qs....:(

best,
Pow