Hello, folks--

I am putting together my first Mezzanine (also my first Django) site
... it's taking longer than I expected, but it's mostly an enjoyable
experience, so I guess it's all good.

Anyway, I am trying to set up a simple online collaboration system.
And this is a business site, not an open community, and all users will
(a) be either clients or co-workers, and (b) require some degree of
privilege. So I expect that for the foreseeable future all accounts
will be created by an administrator (i.e., by me). I don't see a good
reason to allow self-service registration.

However, when a new user is created, I would like them to receive an
automated confirmation email containing a one-time login link.
Otherwise, I think I would need to send an email containing the user's
password in clear text. Um, no.

It appears that Mezzanine does not support this functionality out of
the box. Unless it is supposed to happen by default, and my test
server isn't set up correctly to enable the email to be sent (quite
possible). But from what I have read in the docs, it appears that
there is either self-service registration with optional email
confirmation, or admin registration without email. Is that right?

So, what would be the best solution for my case? I went hunting for
Django apps that will do what I need; django-registration and
django-allauth looked promising, but django-registration is no longer
maintained, and django-allauth seems like overkill and is apparently a
bit difficult to set up. On the other hand, I'd rather not reinvent
the wheel, especially when there are security implications.

Recommendations?