Hi, Eduardo--

Thanks for your quick reply!

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Eduardo Rivas <jerivasmel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt. Mezzanine supports user access control in a "self-service"
> configuration that might be useful for you. You can have your users request
> an account (fill in their details and password), but they will not be
> granted access to the site (they can't log in) until an authorized member
> clears their request.

Yes, I saw that, but from a user experience perspective I don't find
it satisfactory. For my users, having an account on my site is a just
a means to an end, so it had better be as convenient as possible.
*Telling* people to go to my site and do something that *I* want them
to do, for reasons that may be unclear or unimportant to them, feels
like a very 20th-century way of interacting online.

Sounds like I might need to write some code. Which I don't really
mind, but was hoping to avoid doing at this early stage. So I have a
question: is this (email confirmations for admin-created accounts) a
feature that should go into Mezzanine core? Or shall I plan on just
extending the account management code for my own purposes?

--
Matt Gushee