On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Sean Dague wrote: > I would like the LUG to exist on its own right and seperately. I think that > part of what makes a successful LUG different from other societies, is the > constant attempt to reach out to less experienced members of the comunities, > rather that focusing on existing professionals in a specific area. The > "install fest" is in some ways the pinacle of this, where more experienced > members spend a day helping anyone and everyone put Linux onto their > computer.
Point taken - I had a feeling that was going to be the feeling, and I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I know the NYC LUG had a booth at the Linux Expo last year and I took some information from them. Another contact point may be to ask them to keep their eyes open for Lx geeks who show up at their booth during the week of the week of the 21st who mention being from the Mid-Hudson Valley. I'll ask them when I get to the Expo, but I probably won't get down there until Thurs or Friday that week. Take care, PJ [EMAIL PROTECTED] _______________________________________________ mhvlug mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug
