Hi!
For my part I am not new to computers or to Unix. I just never had the time to get intimate with the programing or finding my way around the jargon. Thus I would be interested in something I can see work and a little direction. I have a network with Win 98 se, XP home and Mandrake Linux 8.2. Have to install 9.1. All but one boot from floppies so I need to introduce the CD-ROM drive to read it. I will invest as soon as I get some positive result from Linux.
TNX Burt


Henry Landry wrote:

Gang

I'll put together a presentation about Samba for the next meeting if you
still don't have a presentation yet. Since Samba is a vast subject; that is
why they write whole books just about it, I'd like some feedback on what
things you'd like to see or subjects covered. Given the limited time for the
presentation, we could break the subject into smaller chunks for short
application presentations; like Samba as a PDC, or Samba and LDAP.
Actually, this method may be a method to bridge the gap between newbie
subjects and more technical presentations; to give a general presentation
and then follow-up that with smaller presentations on the technical aspects
in following months. This way you can build on the foundation of knowledge.
Anyway, I thought that I would cover; Samba history, installation,
configuration, usage (as client and server), printing and a demonstration.
Again. I'd like your feedback. This is "your" meeting, so lets hear about
what you want to hear. If you want to hear about the more technical
subjects, I can adjust the presentation.

Henry Landry


_______________________________________________ mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug






_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to