On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 10:15:38PM -0400, Henry Landry wrote:
> Gang
> 
> I'll put together a presentation about Samba for the next meeting if you
> still don't have a presentation yet. Since Samba is a vast subject; that is
> why they write whole books just about it, I'd like some feedback on what
> things you'd like to see or subjects covered. Given the limited time for the
> presentation, we could break the subject into smaller chunks for short
> application presentations; like Samba as a PDC, or Samba and LDAP.
> Actually, this method may be a method to bridge the gap between newbie
> subjects and more technical presentations; to give a general presentation
> and then follow-up that with smaller presentations on the technical aspects
> in following months. This way you can build on the foundation of knowledge.
> Anyway, I thought that I would cover; Samba history, installation,
> configuration, usage (as client and server), printing and a demonstration.
> Again. I'd like your feedback. This is "your" meeting, so lets hear about
> what you want to hear. If you want to hear about the more technical
> subjects, I can adjust the presentation.

I'm all in favor of this as the next presentation.  I'm personally very
interested in the printing aspects of this, as I had all kinda of grief
getting cups + samba + win2k working in the last few weeks.

>From a purely personal point of view, I'd like to see some of the details of
the SMB protocol, as I always find such things interesting.

Henry, can I take this as a commitment for the July 2nd meeting?  If so,
I'll put it up on the website.

        -Sean

-- 
__________________________________________________________________

Sean Dague                                       Mid-Hudson Valley
sean at dague dot net                            Linux Users Group
http://dague.net                                 http://mhvlug.org

There is no silver bullet.  Plus, werewolves make better neighbors
than zombies, and they tend to keep the vampire population down.
__________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug

Reply via email to