Thanks, to you and Mike. I did break down and throw a second nic in, I just
hate to be able to do something in Windows and not be able to do it in
Linux....just doesn't seem right. But yes, adding the second card did the
trick (I did have problems at first, I'm not sure what, could have been
because I didn't unplug/restart the cable modem. Otherwise it firered right
up
>
> Wayne, I have Optimum Online at home. I just put a 2nd NIC in my Linux
> machine and turned on DHCP, and everything works. I'd suggest doing the
> same, as you can pick up a decent NIC for $15 at Best Buy, and I don't
think
> the USB interface works under Linux very well (if at all).
>
> -Sean
>
Thanks, to you and Mike. I did break down and throw a second nic in, I
just hate to be able to do something in Windows and not be able to do it in
Linux....just doesn't seem right. But yes, adding the second card did the
trick (I did have problems at first, I'm not sure what, could have been
because I didn't unplug/restart the cable modem. Otherwise it firered right
up. Added Firestarter and ICS w/firewall via MDK 9.1 is a happinin' thing.
(now if Cablevision would figure out why I can't POST to newsgroups I'd be a
happy camper ( not a linux issue, happens on all my systems sharing or
alone, linux or win. (and yet they can post via my dial up...not a software
issue either)
_______________________________________________
mhvlug mailing list - http://mhvlug.org
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.dague.net/mailman/listinfo/mhvlug