The screen shot indicates there is a syntax error on line 80 of your /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file. Open that file with a text editor from the command line and see if you see something obvious there (like a bogus character or extra linefeed). If there is nothing after DefaultDepth keyword like the message says, then try adding something (8, 16, and 24 are good choices, depending on your monitor).
If that doesn't work, please send the contents of your XF86Config-4 file in your reply.
Your other choice is to re-run the X configuration tool. It should be in /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config.
Patrick Ladd
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
IBM CSM / PSSP [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(845)435-7925 TL 295-7925
| Herman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/08/2003 11:04 PM
|
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] cc: Subject: [mhvlug] Help wiiht Mandragke config problem |
I have tried 3 times to install Mandrake 9.1
everything works fine - until the system reboots - then it drops me into
console mode instead of KDE .
when I enter KDE at the command prompt I get the error message shown in the
attached screen shot - It appears there is something wrong the config of my
monitor?? How do I get back to xfeeconfig? I am fairly new at this command
line stuff .
Thanks
Herman
--
Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
#### 07080002.JPG has been removed from this note on July 09, 2003 by Patrick Ladd
