On 14-Mai-00 13:41:42, David Oakes wrote:

>The tcp/113 access is for identd.  I don't know what the other one is,
>it probably has something to do with NetBIOS though, so isn't really a
>concern to you, as you are using an Amiga, not a PC Clone. :)

Hehe, true true :)

>Do either of you have the firewall enabled?  It's a really good idea
>to enable it, you'll find it in the TCP/IP settings, click on
>LAN-Connect and set the firewall to auto, even though you don't have a
>LAN.  You'll have to add at least one setting to the firewall,
>Access - Accept, Proto - TCP, D-Port - auth.  The firewall will prevent
>unwanted access to your system, but the auth setting will allow identd
>to work (you need it to be working for some IRC servers and some other
>types of servers on the internet).

I will try turn on firewall, but according the guide-file, it said for singel-
user machine, having "IP filters" in "Database", did the same as a "Firewall",
since "Firewall" only blocks for access to the rest of local network, and not
to the main-machine that is linked to the internet. Well, that's what it said
in the guide (i'm _not_ a network-expert :). I have the "standard" setup,
that the section about "IP filters" in the guide, recommends to configure.

Thanks for your suggestion, it will be tested out.

Bye...

--
 *Dagfinn Olsen*                   ///    \\\|/// A3000/040-33/70MB/CV64/ZIP
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] \\\  ///      (@ @)  17"/32xCD/DelfinaLITE/VLab