On 14 May 2000, David Oakes wrote:
> Gian Maria Calzolari said to Dagfinn Olsen:
>
>  DO>> 13.05.00 15:36:09 Access from host x.x.x.x to port tcp/27374
>  DO>> allowed.
>
>  DO>> Instead off x.x.x.x I saw a real ip, just dont want to show it
>  DO>> here.
>
>  DO>> Should I be worried? And what is the port tcp/27374?
>
>  GMC> I was going to ask the same but with different ports: I've got
>  GMC> tcp/113 and tcp/13223...
>
> The tcp/113 access is for identd.  I don't know what the other one is,
> it probably has something to do with NetBIOS though, so isn't really a
> concern to you, as you are using an Amiga, not a PC Clone. :)

The 13223 sounds familar, but it definitely isn't NetBIOS.

The ident access should be allowed, since blocking it can cause problems,
but it's sometimes interesting to see who's using it.  SMTP servers use it
to include better info in the headers.  FTP servers use it quite often.
HTTP servers don't use it that often, since they have so many better ways
of spying on you. :-)

                                        Fred Wright