--- Ben Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So the reason for a container beyond that is to associate
> the unit
> with the number and to associate the unit with a
> standard. Plus it
> allows for further development of the microformat.

As I understand the uf principles[1] "further development
of the microformat" shouldn't be a goal in itself.  Further
development of some practical solution to some real problem
should be the goal.

> It defines
> a) we're talking about money - ISO standard implied,
> b) we're talking about the USD variety,
> c) we're talking fifty units of that money,
> d) a parser could work out the numbers and the symbol.

OK, that seems clear to me, but why does it matter that we
do this?  What's a parser going to *do* once it understands
numbers and currency symbols?  As others have asked in this
thread, what's the use case?

-ml

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/microformats#the_microformats_principles