On Feb 12, 2007, at 7:37 AM, Mike Kaply wrote:

On 2/11/07, Kevin Marks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Try making a fresh post, or republishing that one. This may be a
blogger issue with publishing via ftp?

When I debugged this problem, that is exactly what I discovered. It is
only broke when you publish via FTP. It is not broke when you are
hosted by blogger.

I switched to WordPress because of this problem.

Exactly. But this is not a problem with Blogger, this is a solution to a larger, more practical problem than rel-tag. The Blogger developers have to support plain-old web hosts without modification of the server config; a link URL to a restful tag space is not going to work on most simple web hosts. The Blogger developers know this and have to append .html onto the files they publish. The fact that the Blogger developers cannot implement to spec–or would need an even hackier workaround* in order to implement the rel-tag spec–is indicative of a problem with the spec.

I'm not saying we all need to agree to the solution, I'm merely suggesting that it's either naive or arrogant to defiantly deny there is a problem.

Cheers,
James

PS. The hackier workaround for Blogger; feel free to forward to your contacts there if you think this is a viable solution (I don't): myURL.com links tagspace to blogger redirect site like so: blogger.com/tags/redirect/siteID/tagspace with a 301 to back to the actual tagspace on the hosted site.

myURL.com links to:
<a rel="tag" href="http://blogger.com/tagredirect/mySiteId/foo";>foo</a>
http://blogger.com/tagredirect/mySiteId/foo responds with a 301 (moved perm) to
http://myURL.com/labels/foo.html

Though this is a "solution" (finger quotes emphasized), I hope the ridiculousness of it hammers home our point that there is a problem with the rel-tag spec.