Yeah, which is why I dont think we should throw away all that effort but use it. Design a logo that echoes the MF logo, maybe even base the name on it?

Microform
Microtag

It will be a subset of the full range of microformat standards but clearly part of the same thing.

Andy Mabbett wrote:
In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Alex Faaborg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

this description would finish the sentence "features of Firefox 3 include support for offline Web applications, private browsing, blocking malware, and __[user facing way of saying microformat detection]__"

...data detection?
...semantic browsing?
...data browsing?
...semantic data detection?
...semantic data browsing?
...semantic data navigating?

"data extraction"

Though it strikes me as odd that we expend efforts trying to raise "brand awareness" for microformats, then start top discuss renaming them...

We should think long and hard about whether that's a good idea.