On 29 Jan, Emiliano wrote:
> There's no inherent relation between php3, databases and clean
> structured HTML. What I think you want is clean, structured
> HTML no matter what the source.

That is a good point. I've been thinking about
making a new version of the Midgard site anyway,
as I feel the current one doesn't quite let us
realize the benefits of using the site as a
collaborative tool for people working on the
project.

This might also let us to handle the layout
situation more intelligently. While the
current layout will continue to be fine for
'legacy' browsers that expect site layouts
being defined in tables, we might want to
create alternative layouts (like a pure
'simple HTML' one for lighter browsers like
Lynx and a XHTML+CSS one for newer browsers
like Mozilla). This could be handled by
having some if statements checking against
$HTTP_USER_AGENT and possibly user preferences.

I have some ideas for that new site, and
I'll try to summarize them here on the list
soon. In the meanwhile, would other people
have interest in working on the site? The
site model I've been thinking about could
easily be divided into semi-independent smaller
projects that one or two people could work
on.

What we need here is people with Midgard
experience, layout experience and possibly
back-end scripting experience.

> emile

/Bergie

--
-- Henri Bergius -- +358 40 525 1334 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --
               http://www.iki.fi/Henri.Bergius