Hi,

I've been trying to install Midgard, but I've run into a problem.
I've been able to install the Midgard library and the datafiles with
no errors, but I haven't been able to install the mod_midgard module.

Running a ./configure seems to run fine, no errors reported

checking for a BSD compatible install... (cached) /usr/bin/install -c
checking for apxs... (cached) /usr/bin/apxs
checking for mgd_connect in -lmidgard... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... (cached) cc -E
checking for midgard.h... (cached) yes
checking for working const... (cached) yes
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile

But then running a make returns the error:

/usr/bin/apxs -c    -lmidgard mod_midgard.c
gcc -DLINUX=2 -DEAPI -DTARGET="apache" -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../lib/expat-lite -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -I/usr/include/apache-1.3
-c mod_midgard.c
gcc -shared -o mod_midgard.so mod_midgard.o -lmidgard -lc -lm -lcrypt
-ldbm -ldb
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldbm
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=65536
make: *** [mod_midgard.so] Error 1

Have I forgotten to do something here?  Could anyone with any ideas
please reply to [EMAIL PROTECTED], as I haven't joined the list.

Many thanks,

Krishin.
Linux Center (HK) Ltd.
Unit A, 5th Floor, Comet Commercial Building
42A Wing Hong Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon
Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 2959 3675
Fax: (852) 2959 3672
Web Site: http://www.hklc.com/