On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, Krishin A. Hotwani wrote:

> I've been trying to install Midgard, but I've run into a problem.
> I've been able to install the Midgard library and the datafiles with
> no errors, but I haven't been able to install the mod_midgard module.
>
> But then running a make returns the error:
>
> /usr/bin/apxs -c    -lmidgard mod_midgard.c
> gcc -DLINUX=2 -DEAPI -DTARGET="apache" -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
> -I../lib/expat-lite -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE -I/usr/include/apache-1.3
> -c mod_midgard.c
> gcc -shared -o mod_midgard.so mod_midgard.o -lmidgard -lc -lm -lcrypt
> -ldbm -ldb
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldbm
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> apxs:Break: Command failed with rc=65536
> make: *** [mod_midgard.so] Error 1

dbm is not something mod_midgard needs, so I think apxs puts it in
the command line. I think you have libdbm installed (why else would
apxs refer to it) but you may need to clue the linker in on where to
find it by doing
$ export LDFLAGS="-L/libdm/path" where /libdbm/path is the directory
where libdbm.a or libdbm.so* live.

emile