Greetings!

The project has been growing steadily for the last
year, and now it could be a good point to organize
a bit.

We could found a nonprofit organization to handle
some aspects of this project. The benefits here would
be the ability to own property and handle donations
without having to channel those through private
contributors. The money would at first be going for
things like domains, but at a later point also
arranging training events and workshops would be
possible with this.
It could also clarify the copyright situation with the
core Midgard libraries, as their ownership could be
transferred to the organization. This would make the
software much safer to develop with.

If we want to found this organization, a good place
for it could be Finland, as we have quite many project
participants here, and most of us also already have
experience in running nonprofits.

The membership for the organization should be open
to all project contributors for free, and possibly
also to others for a nominal fee.

For the first year, I'd like to have a majority (or
all) board members to be living in Finland, because
there are often situations demanding a sudden meeting
before the procedures settle down, and having all board
members available on a short notice would be a good
thing.

What do you think? I'd like to see some discussion
on this, and if we decide to continue with the plan
already hold the founding meeting within a month.

Oh, and as the name, how would The Midgard Project Ry
sound? (Ry being short for registrated nonprofit in
Finnish)

/Bergie

--
-- Henri Bergius -- +358 40 525 1334 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --
               http://www.iki.fi/Henri.Bergius