From: Terri Kelley <net...@farm-market.net>

To: Mikrotik discussions <Mikrotik@mail.butchevans.com>

Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:23:10 -0500

Subject: [Mikrotik] reset and config script

Guys, I ran across something today which I had not planned on. Had a

family emergency and was out of pocket but also had a very important

config scheduled for a business which really needed to be done. I had

to phone one of my techs during a break at the Hospital to walk him

through the config which pointed out to me a need for a script to help

them do this. What needed to be done was to take a Mikrotik CPE

configured as a router and convert it to a bridge.

In trying to make this as easy as I can on the techs, is there a way

to remove the current config and add the new config for the bridge

using one script via ethernet connection (not serial). My first

thought was to start the script with a reset followed by the bridge

config but then thought that may not work because the bridge config

might not happen because of the reset starting that single script.

Any thoughts on how to do such a thing?

Terri Kelley

Network Engineer

254-697-6710

This email message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above,

and

may contain, together with any attachment(s), confidential information

that

is privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that

you

have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,

forwarding, printing, copying or distribution of this message and any

attachment(s) is strictly prohibited.