There are so many things you can do.  OpenDNS is a great easy way to make a few
extra $$$ per month as a value added service, or just a way to up sell your
internet service over your competitors.

We generally suggest to our customers that there edge routes be setup to use
OpenDNS.  It gives them an easy way to do some very basic non-impact content
filtering; they can easily expand or customize the content themselves.  It also
blocks / redirects some of the mis-typed web url's - this may help with spyware
and virus stuff.  Gives them some basic reporting of traffic usage.  Ton's of
other things, just a cool free product at the basic level.

We also sell content filtering as a true service offering.  Good content
filtering has value and you can make good $$$ selling it.

We have placed a filtering device on our network that does the filtering and
use a Mikrotik to direct and/or re-direct the traffic flow to the filtering
device.  The filtering device really does the work of choosing what to filter,
when to filter, and how much to filter.

This Filtering Device can be either on the customer’s local network, or inside
of your network and be shared for several different customers.  It just really
depends on the amount of traffic they have flowing.  We use both types of
deployment.

Our Filtering Device is SquidGuard - a open source piece of software that is an
add in to squid.  At most places we do not cache any data, we just use the
device as a content filter.  We have made a custom front end for the
application so the customer can manage the service themselves.

We started out using many different product like Sonicwall, Websense, Blue
Coat, ect.  Each have there benefits and disadvantages.  We just felt like
between the $$$ and disadvantages we could roll our own and put more $$$ in our
pockets going this direction.

Hope this helps.

Jim Lund