That's really weird.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Prince [mailto:part...@skylinebroadbandservice.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:34 AM
To: mikrotik@mail.butchevans.com
Subject: Re: [Mikrotik] 5.0RC1

  I plugged in a unit running 5.0RC1 yesterday, and added it to our
cacti device list.   The stock cacti template causes something to happen

during an poll or cacti query to cause the unit to go to 100% CPU busy,
and to partially lock up.

However, a regular snmpwalk, or snmpget does not seem to do it.

I had to reboot the unit to get it out of that state.

If I declare the device as "generic" instead of "mikrotik" it seems to
work ok.  Problem is, there are something like 80 OIDs probed in the
stock template.

Did not send in a bug report, because I'm not sure what's going on.

bp

On 9/20/2010 10:40 PM, Butch Evans wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 18:08 -0600, Travis Johnson wrote:
>> I thought nv2 (and airmax) were both using the hardware timing on the
>> wireless card? That should reduce CPU compared with previous
versions.
> I am only reporting my tested results.  The timing is, as you state,
> done in hardware for nv2.  The framing, however, is done on the host
> processor (for both nv2 and nstreme).  I have not finished testing the
> nv2 protocol and may have had some inefficient settings, so this test
> may change.  We will be covering nv2 and testing nv2 a little more
> extensively next week at the training.

Visit http://blog.butchevans.com/ for tutorials related to Mikrotik
RouterOS