No, actually Mikrotik uses the *lowest* MAC address of all the ports belonging
to the bridge.

The problem this causes is that if the bridge is one that has dynamic
membership (PPTP, WDS, etc.), the bridge's MAC can change in mid-flight.

> On Oct 8, 2015, at 6:07 PM, Josh Luthman <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com> wrote:
>
> Mikrotik uses the MAC of the first interface added to it, I believe.  It
> knows that MAC won't exist anywhere else.
>

> Josh Luthman
> Office: 937-552-2340
> Direct: 937-552-2343
> 1100 Wayne St
> Suite 1337
> Troy, OH 45373
>
> On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 9:04 PM, Justin Marshall <just...@pdmnet.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have an RB2011 with a bridge.  Today everything on the bridge decided to
>> randomly start losing pings.
>>
>> Someone had suggested a while back on a similar issue, that copying a mac
>> address from an Ethernet port on the bridge, and pasting it into the "Admin
>> MAC Address" section of the bridge would sometimes fix the issue (forgot
>> the explanation I was given, but it made sense at the time, something about
>> the way Mikrotik chooses the MAC address and that it's better to sometimes
>> make it 'static')
>>
>> In this situation; If I copy/paste one of the mac addresses from an
>> Ethernet port on the bridge into the "Admin MAC Address" section on the
>> bridge, it fixes the issue for about 20 minutes, then it re-appears....
>>
>> Does anyone have a suggestion for such an issue?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Justin
>> just...@pdmnet.net<mailto:just...@pdmnet.net>

>> Visit http://blog.butchevans.com/ for tutorials related to Mikrotik
>> RouterOS

  Grand Avenue Broadband -- Wireless Internet Service
     Circle City to Wickenburg and surrounding areas
                          http://grandavebb.com