Thanks for the stats!

If the user is authenticated... why would there not be a rDNS entry for their IP?? I guess if they are "roaming" but we usually recommend a webmail setup for most of those customers that fit the "typical" user profile, others know enough they don't need to call and make sure they setup for auth and STARTTLS, in either case.. I have yet to run this as an issue.

I can't answer why from an ISPs perspective. I can simply tell you that it is a very common occurence in my experience.

Regards,
KAM