Thanks,

if this is an acceptable solution to the company where the mimedefang/ f-secure installation is, how can I check the condition and how can I send the email to the sender ? Does exist in mimedefang a standard way to send a report back to the sender ? And how can I check for the "unquoted content-type filename" condition before mimedefang runs the antivirus on the message ?

Thank you

"The sending server is broken. There is nothing I can do about it as it
is not under my control.  Please advise the sender to fix their mail
server or find an alternative method of sending the information/file."

Substitute "receiving server" as appropriate, depending on which direction
the message is flowing.

--
Ing. Andrea Vettori
Consulente per l'Information Technology