Blocking PDF's is not going to be popular.  Can/will the AV definitions be
able to detect malicious files?

I don't know. I don't think many people have much information about the exploit.

Other than that, unfortunately I'm hoping March 11th when Adobe is
supposed
to patch comes quickly without other issues.  Other than that, we'll like

start sacrificing IT interns as a blood offering.

March 11 is only for version 9 of Acrobat.  Earlier versions will come out
after that.

I'll warn the IT interns.

Regards,
kAM