On Tue, 2009-11-10 at 13:35 -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:
> I think that's a bug.  It should be "suggests", because AFAIK apt-get
> now pulls in "recommends" packages unless you tell it otherwise.

As an aside, I was never a fan of this change, as it seems to lead to
exactly this.

> There are at least two good reasons to want to run MIMEDefang on a machine
> that isn't also running Sendmail, so the Debian policy should change.

One of those is that you'd want to use Postfix, "Recommends: sendmail |
postfix" (or even Depends, from my last email) should address that one.

What's the other use?

Is it to run watch-mimedefang? If that's the case, maybe that should
just be split out into a separate package. I see there's already an open
bug suggesting that.

Richard