On 3/20/08, whatis neveritis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Ok, go get 'em, tiger.  Find them at your friendly download section now.
> >
> > (Ok, well, I'm posting this as it's uploading, so it'll be in a few
> minutes..)
> >

> OK thanks NightStrike. I've downloaded
> mingw-w64-bin-x86_64-mingw_20080320, and installed it into
> an empty c:\mingw directory
>
> $ g++ --version
> g++.exe (GCC) 4.4.0 20080320 (experimental)
>
> $ g++ test.cpp
>
> this command doesn't produce an a.exe, with or without including <iostream>

I thought we fixed iostream......

Let me think....

Kai, did you ever get all those patches into the trunk for this?  If
not, that would explain it.  It's not really a regression for g++;
more like a patch I forgot to apply.

> $ gcc testc.cpp
>
> however this one does when the code is c.. (although it doesn't give an
> error message when I include <iostream> it just silently fails).
>
> So I guess this is a progression on the gcc front, but a regression on the
> g++ front..
>
> What do you recommend I do? copy g++ from the old build into this one? my
> libraries need both compiles to work before they'll compile. :(

Hold out a little longer :)

We did something to fix iostream (although I'll remind you that most
of g++ and all of gfortran is broken), and I don't remember what.  I
need a patch from Kai, and I forget which one.

Honestly, can you just use the cross compilers?  They work great.