On 3/20/08, whatis neveritis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > [...]
> > > I'm guessing I need to download it from somewhere.
> >
> > Yup.  In the download area, I build 5 toolchains, hosted on these systems:
> >
> > Linux32
> > Linux64
> > Win32
> > Win64
> > Cygwin32
> >
> > Pick your poison.  You should be able to run the Win32 one (look for
> > i686-mingw) on a Win64 host.  It'll run it in the WoW simulator.  I
> > personally use the Linux64 cross compiler for all of my work, so its
> > kept most up to date.
> >

> Just to be sure, are we talking about the download section for MinGW-w64
> "Complete toolchain snapshot"? It seems you're referring to
> "mingw-w64-bin_i686-mingw_20080116", which I've downloaded
> and tested right away.
>
> First off I get a message from winrar telling me the symbolic links are
> broken.

I forgot to tar it with "-h".  Sorry.

> Secondly I notice the files have long prefixes in the c:\mingw\bin
> directory, for example "x86_64-pc-mingw32-c++filt.exe", I
> also notice there are more bins in C:\mingw\x86_64-pc-mingw32\bin, such as
> g++

That's because this is a cross compiler.  Those prefixes let you know
what the given binary targets, which is different from the host.

> I tried out that g++ but I got:
>
> "g++.exe: CreateProcess: No such file or directory"
>
> I don't think mingw and msys work well on WoW all together, at least in my
> experience, the 32 stuff has to be run on a 32 but OS, and vice versa for 64
> bit.

The Win32 one is old.  I'm trying to update it now, but it won't be
immediate.  The build process is clunky (I'm working on that, too).
Do you have a linux machine handy?  Or linux in vmware?