2014/1/13 Baruch Burstein <bmburst...@gmail.com>

> I am trying to use Ruben's clang builds (clang 3.2). I unpacked the zip
> and ran `clang64env.cmd`. When I tried compiling a trivial c program, I get
> the error:
>     fatal error: 'stdio.h' file not found
> Anyone (Ruben or other) know what the problem is/how to solve this?

You also need my GCC 4.6.3-dw2 build available here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/rubenvb/gcc-dw2-4.6-release/i686-w64-mingw32-gcc-dw2-4.6.3-2-release-win32_rubenvb.7z

The readme on the Clang 3.2 download
page<http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win32/Personal%20Builds/rubenvb/clang-3.2-release/>tells
you to do this, but I agree it's not the most obvious place to look.

This setup works in as far as Clang 3.2 supports Windows constructs (the
most important missing one for this setup being dllexport at class level,
which is only relevant for C++). You're also limited to GCC 4.6.3 libstdc++
C++11 library support. But I'm hoping to improve that last one (see below).

> P.S. The reason I tried using Ruben's older builds and not the current
> "official" 3.4 Windows build is that I got the exact same error after using
> the 3.4 installer. I thought it was because the installer version was only
> for compiling from within VS.

Yes, it seems the Clang binary installer is indeed built with/for VS. If
you've got some time (I estimate +/- 2 weeks), I am working on getting
Clang to work natively with Binutils (it currently just calls gcc to link),
and set up a hackish build so only libstdc++ (and perhaps libgcc) will be
used by Clang. And fix it to work with newer libstdc++, and of course merge
this upstream. Then I'll start work on using compiler-rt instead of libgcc,
then perhaps a bit more for libc++ itself. but that last one is probably
very very preliminary. Also depends on the clang-cl work they're doing, I'm
hoping for a situation where Clang is able to use the msvcrt C++ runtime
code directly (yes, there are C++ symbols exported from msvcrt) without the
need for an libsupc++ or libc++abi or something. But that is above me, and
depends on other people's work ;-).

So stay tuned, MinGW-w64  LLVM goodies are coming!

Ruben