> As a side question, what does Clang development have to do with MinGW64?
> Aren't these actually competing projects?

Only if you take a narrow or literal view of what MinGW-w64 is. I
guess the name dates back to when the only open source toolchain worth
using was GCC. Good technology is worth playing with; LLVM fits into
that category and Clang is getting there on Windows too. For me
MinGW-w64 is about being able to compile and run as much open source
software on Windows as possible, preferably avoiding closed source at
every turn.

IMHO the only bad toolchain is a closed source toolchain - like the
one you built Clang with ;-)