In the past I've seen similar projects get very good results from running a
logo design competition, with the winner decided by a public vote. I would
recommend we do something like that here, too.  I'd be happy to help
organise such a competition.

The process also has the added bonus of generating more publicity for the
project.

Regards,
Riot
Hello,

I have been unable to find any sort of existing logo for MinGW-w64. Please
correct me if I am wrong.

Though I've only been using "w64" for about a week, I already love it.  I
discovered this mailing list while attempting to figure out if there were
any plans in the works to create a friendlier "home page" for MinGW-w64.  I
was pleased to see that it's already underway.  If nobody is already
working on one, I would like to offer to help start an effort to create a
logo for the project.

I hope I'm not being too presumptuous. I applied my amateur efforts last
night and produced these:

http://ratfactor.com/misc/mingw64/

My intention is only to start a conversion about a logo and you cannot
possibly hurt my feelings if you don't like anything you see on the page.
I don't design for a living and I appreciate those who do.

Sincerely,

-Dave Gauer

P.S. I don't wish to over-extend myself, but since I'm already doing
introductions, I'd like to mention that I'm a web developer in my day job.
I also have experience writing documentation.  Let me know if I can help
the project in any other way.  I want to see native GNU compilation on
64-bit Windows continue to succeed!