Hi Earnie,

Thanks for the point that "MINGW" got a trademark (see
https://trademarks.justia.com/860/17/mingw-86017856.html ). I was
filled 2013-07-23,  It is clear that from your side nothing
constructive will show up.  As mingw-w64 exits much longer before this
date, I don't see how this trademark actually affects us.  Especially
in context of choosing an logo.   We don't plan to use MINGW
Organization's logo (see trademark The Mark Drawing is: 4000 -
Standard character mark Typeset., ).

Nevertheless I am not a lawyer, and therefore I will contact our
lawyers to get here clarification how this impacts us and if we need
to deal with this assault.

Regards,
Kai