Hi,

First of all, thanks for making these. A logo has been lacking for quite
some time and it only became more apparent with the new website since
there's a place ready for it but left empty.

The topic was discussed a bit on IRC and people were already fairly
happy (well, the snakes one was a bit surprising :P ). By the way, I'm
not sure we can use the GNU gnu since we're not a GNU project even
though it is in the original name.

About holding a contest, I believe this is a good idea for the various
reasons already mentioned. I have absolutely no experience with that
however and fairly little free time. I'll help with any admin stuff I
can however.
Is there a preferred platform for voting? There are a few vote/poll
plugins for dokuwiki but it might lead to fewer voters (since it'll
require a separate registration; that said I don't know how to prevent
people from voting several times without some kind of registration).

--
Adrien Nader