Hi David,

On 08/04/15 18:37, David Grayson wrote:
> On 8/4/2015 9:02 AM, David Grayson wrote:
>> Thanks, Jacek.  I have included a new patch with all of your
>> suggestions (version 2.1.0).  As always, it's in the public domain.
>
> Please ignore the last patch.  Here is a new one (2.2.0) that includes
> 79 (!) more conversion functions I just discovered in a hard-to-find
> place in the MSDN documentation.  I think these were all added in
> Windows 7.
>
> I think the most complete lists of intsafe.h functions can be found at
> these links:
>
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff521655
> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ff521701
>
> The documentation is severely broken: if you try to traverse up one
> level in the heirarchy (click on "intsafe.h functions") and then you
> click on a link to go back down to the page you were on, you might
> notice that tons of functions are missing (like Int8ToUInt8 and
> LongSub).  This is why I have often been confused about what functions
> are supposed to be in intsafe.h.
>
> The PSDK version of intsafe.h seems to have even more functions hiding
> in it that are not documented at all (like LongPtrToDWordLong), but I
> am hesitant to implement undocumented functions from a copyrighted
> header.
>
> Anyway, I should have done more research before submitting the last
> patch.  Sorry for the mailing list noise.

I'm sorry for the delay, I was sure I already replied. The patch looks
mostly good and ready to be committed IMO. There is one minor thing:

-#ifndef _INTSAFE_H_INCLUDED_
-#define _INTSAFE_H_INCLUDED_
+#pragma once

We use #ifndef guards all over the place. PSDK headers usually use both.
That's find to add the pragma, but please don't delete existing guards.

Also while I was reviewing the patch, I noticed that MS version doesn't
set output value to 0, but instead to values like ~0. Documentation
specifies this case as invalid value, so whatever we use is fine IMHO.

Thanks for the work,
Jacek