Hi mingw-w64 folks,

I have been using the toolchain build gcc-6-win32_6.2.1-20160825.7z from the
dongsheng-daily directory on SF.  I have one problem, that I’m trying to build
apps that will run on some quite old Intel CPUs (e.g. celerons which don’t
support SSE2).  The gcc in that toolchain was built with:

--with-arch=core2

So libstc++ etc. contain SSE2 and later instructions, causing illegal
instruction exceptions when run on old hosts?

Would it be possible to provide a toolchain configured with --with-arch=i686 ?

I have been trying to build my own but with no success so far, so alternatively
any instructions for how to set up a toolchain build would be appreciated?

Thanks

- Iain

--

Iain Bethune
Project Manager, EPCC

Email: ibeth...@epcc.ed.ac.uk
Twitter: @IainBethune @PrimeGrid @CP2Kproject
Web: http://www2.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~ibethune
Tel/Fax: +44 (0)131 650 5201/6555
Mob: +44 (0)7598317015
Addr: 2404 JCMB, The King's Buildings, Peter Guthrie Tait Road, Edinburgh, EH9
3FD

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.