namespace str {
    std::string str::localestringlower(std::string s) {
            //not sure if std::locale:: will solve conflicting namespaces
between <locale> and <string>
            for (size_t i=0; i < s.size(); i++) {
                s[i]=std::tolower(s[i]);
            }
            return s;
    }
}
here's another one, compile that and see if it throws error messages about
declaring a std::string in an arg. it's in a namespace str.

std::cout<<std::regex_match("abcdefg",std::regex("def,std::regex_constants::extended))?"true":"false")<<std::endl;

I had a bug in my code, however I fixed it ansd still get
find.cpp: In function 'bool processFile(std::__cxx11::string)':
find.cpp:258:189: error: no matching function for call to
'std::__cxx11::basic_regex<char>::basic_regex(__gnu_cxx::__alloc_traits<std::allocator<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char>
> >::value_type&, unsigned int)'

it seems this string-string form of regex_match and regex_replace are
missing from the <regex> functionality.

On Tue, November 1, 2016 12:47 pm, NightStrike wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 2:14 PM, Jim Michaels <jim.micha...@jesusnjim.com>
> wrote:
>
>> problem with std::regex not fulfilling standard? for this code I got the
>> below
>>
>> for (intmax_t i=0; i <
>> regexPatterns.size()&&(findit=findIt||!std::regex_match(sline,
>> std::regex(findstr, std::regex(regexPatterns[i],
>> std::regex_constants::extended |
>> (icase?std::regex_constants::icase:0)); i++);
>>

> What are you trying to accomplish with this code?  It's difficult to
> read.  You'll probably increase your likelihood of getting help if you
> provide a clear, easily understood example that demonstrates a problem,
> and specify exactly what that problem is.  Putting the contents of your
> loop in an unreadable forloop while condition means that we have to
> untangle your snippet to even start to help you.  I doubt that anyone will
> be willing to help you unless you clean up your question.

Jim Michaels
jim.micha...@jesusnjim.com