Robert Elz <k...@munnari.oz.au> wrote:

> ps: the quoted text was the subject of some discussion recently amongst
> NetBSD developers, and after the laughter/shock abated, it was decided
> that there's no way that NetBSD is going to pollute its filesystem with
> useless exec'able commands like wait, jobs, fg, ...    If POSIX continues
> to require that nonsense, then that's just another way we will deliberately
> not conform.

Since this only applies to regular builtins, this will not change in the
future, as potential commands that may become a builtin in the future are now
already available as binary in the filesysten - like e.g. "tr" in ksh93.

Jörg

--
 EMail:jo...@schily.net                    (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
    joerg.schill...@fokus.fraunhofer.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/