On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 05:21:41PM -0400, Ian Watts wrote:
> Except that Gary is using a mirror and ccd(4) claims to provide either
> concatenated or interleaved disks, not mirroring:

Nah dude, it does indeed support mirroring.

> I use RAIDframe and haven't used ccd, so I'm just going by what the man
> page says...

As of 2005/02/01 ccd(4) man page mentions mirroring. So we now have:

A ccd may be either serially concatenated, interleaved, or mirrored.
To serially concatenate partitions, specify an interleave factor of 0.
Mirroring configurations require an even number of components.