> I purchased the Commell board in a case designed for it, there is an
> access panel for the CF socket.  The PCI slot becomes unusable in the
> case.  The board I purchased also uses the Intel NIC's for 3/100M & 1/1G
> NICs.  We purchased these to evaluate using the bozes with OpenBSD PF and
> pfflowd to provide flow information from around our network.  I would
> purchase the Commell board again, but to be honest I haven't really
> stressed it that much.

I've got the same boxes and configuration as you have.  When comparing
them to the Soekris boxes (specs only), I found that I got more for my money.
Furthermore I needed boxes with at least four NICs and a faster CPU than
what I could get with any Soekris model available at the time.  I am quite
happy with the decision but I've not had anything to compare them to.
Hence my question to you.

I'm now waiting on some ral mini-pci wireless cards that I've ordered
via [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Once I pop these babies into my commell boxes, I'll be
happier
than a pig in a manure pile ;)  In fact, the only thing cooler than these
boxes that I've been playing with lately is my little Zaurus :)

For what it's worth, I'm sending one of these commell boxes to the
Hackathon.  So for those lucky enough to attend, you'll have an
opportunity to see it, if not play with it first hand.

> http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_dp_spec.jsp?motherboardId=321 , in

Thanks for the link.

> consoles.'.  We have a proposal to create a 64 node cluster

I'm jealous :)

> FWIW that's my US$.02

Thanks for that.  Your input and experience is very much appreciated on
this list.  I've learned quite a lot from you over the years just by
reading your posts.

Cheers,

Mark T. Uemura
OpenBSD Support Japan Inc.