Hi all.
I recently upgraded my net connection from 10 to 100 Mbit, and not surprisingly my old P-II 233 MHz didn't quite cut it anymore.
I'd get to around 45 Mbit throughput, at which point the irq load would shoot to 90+%.

So I figured I'd try with an Ultra5, same thing, around 45 Mbit and the irq load goes way up.

Basically, I'm just wondering if there's any way to actually push 100 Mbit without going to "exotic"(as in very expensive) hardware?
I'm guessing a good dual port NIC would help?
If so, does any of our Swedish readers know of any decent yet not overly expensive dual port NIC's that are available in Sweden?

In the end, I'm just looking for advice about how to increase performance in the cheapest way possible :)

The boxes were equipped as follows if it matters:
P-II 233 MHz
32 MB RAM
440LX chipset
3Com 905(xl) NIC on the inside
Linksys EG1032(sk) adapter on the outside
Running 3.6

Ultra5
360 MHz US-IIi
384 MB RAM