--- "David Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: "David Hill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:19:46 -0400 (EDT)
To: misc@openbsd.org
Subject: wireless support

Hello -
My neighbor has a Linksys WAP11 access point.  We would like to join
networks.    Both our networks are in our basements.  The distance is
about 70ft.  Would I get better signal/performance buying something
similar to my neighbor, or purchasing a wireless PCI card for my OpenBSD
box?  If the PCI card would be the better solution, which chipset should I
look into getting?

Thanks
David

Get another WAP11($40-$60), make sure they have the same firmware version and
configure them as a wireless bridge. They can be configured so they will only
talk to each other.  Of course, that means that if you still need an access
point to connect to you will need another access point for that purpose.

Bruce