David Hill wrote:
> Hello -
> My neighbor has a Linksys WAP11 access point.  We would like to join
> networks.    Both our networks are in our basements.  The distance is
> about 70ft.  Would I get better signal/performance buying something
> similar to my neighbor, or purchasing a wireless PCI card for my OpenBSD
> box?  If the PCI card would be the better solution, which chipset should I
> look into getting?
>
> Thanks
> David

For chipets man wi, man ath, man ral.

For the rest, noone can tell if you will have enough signal to go
through the walls unless you try.

The wap11 is 30mW and pretty deaf. If you find a similar device, chances
are that you won't get a decent link. If you want an external device,
the Engenius/Senao CB3 is pretty strong(100-200mw) and sensitive and
will probably compensate for the wap11.

To get a decent answer you need to describe the current and the desired
network topology, 'join networks' just isn't enough.

--dg