On 8/23/05, Theo de Raadt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This release will bring a lot of new ideas from us.  One of them in
> particular is somewhat risky.

First off: I like the idea. The technical merit is obvious. I have a
question regarding the timing, though.

Is there a particular reason to go ahead with these changes before a
freeze? An alternative, going ahead in the first snapshot after
branching 3.8, may provide more time to test and get reports on
problems.

That said, I'll happily test snapshots. Ending up with better software
is worth biting a bullet.

Cheers,

Rogier

--
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.