--On 04 September 2005 13:57 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

A Netgear FS108 is doing it's job very well and also the support of
Netgear convinced me. As I bought the Switch it had a 5 year warenty
and a 3year warenty for the power suply.

The metal-cased Netgear FS105 and FS108 have been working reliably for me. I also have a GS105 which I'm fairly happy with (apart from not supporting jumbo frames, but that's my problem as I didn't think of looking into jumbo support before I bought it). These are small-business orientated, they also have some consumer-orientated FS60x and GS60x which I haven't tried but on the website they look a bit plasticky.

Forget about D-Link! I recomment to stay far far away of these crap.

I haven't experienced their switches, but if they're anything like as bad as I've found their ADSL routers, that's sound advice...