Rodrigo Mosconi [open...@mosconi.mat.br] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm interested on some benchmarks, specially with network/PF.

How about this...With GENERIC -current amd64 kernel, I'm getting almost 800Mbps
on a single FTP transfer between two 1Gbit-connected boxes with em controllers
and mfi RAID backed with 6xSATA on each box.  This is with boxes that are
already busy with day-to-day activity.  The limitation has gone from the
networking code to the mfi controller and associated disk activity, nice to see
I think.

Removing NIC driver interrupt loops and IPL_BIO in ppb was a "big win".....

Transfers are a lot slower with my mpi two disk RAID 1 boxes, but using less
hard disks is a lot slower than 1Gbps ethernet.  Need to try with mfs next.

It "pays" to do it right, MCLGETI without loops in x_intr is proving to be a
much better idea than what FreeBSD did with the polling hacks.

I wonder what kind of packet per second limitations people see now with bge,
em, bnx, ix, vr, the common drivers, with and without pf enabled.  PF enabled
should be faster now that it doesn't recalculate IP checksums mid-stream !

--
the preceding comment is my own and in no way reflects the opinion of the Joint
Chiefs of Staff