Bonjour.

I installed 4.9 today and found that aliasing doesn't work as per
included sendmail files and so on but there's a workaround available
from the archives that get's me where I want to be.
So, notification (hi Gilles) of a continuing issue from 4.8 with a
slightly different log entry and a nudge for anyone else that's
struggling with aliases to local from outside.

For the speed readers:

This won't work in aliases ...
postmaster:root

This will work in aliases ...
postmaster:root@your.domain

In the first instance, mail to postmaster@ won't get rejected and it
won't get to root's account ... it will get caught in a local loop
(reported in the logs) and get nowhere.

In the second instance, mail to postmaster@ will get to root's account.

Problem: http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=129656834314699&w=2
Workaround: http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=129437721417326&w=2

cat smtpd.conf:

server="my.domain"

listen on lo0
listen on external_if

map "aliases_local" { source plain "/etc/mail/aliases_local" }

accept from all for domain $server alias aliases_local deliver to mbox
accept from local for all relay

cat aliases_local:

postmaster:root@my.domain

No cats were harmed.
Caveat ... I'm getting my feet wet with mail on smtpd so if this is
expected behaviour ... have a larf and some vino and let me know.

Best wishes.